Saturday, January 24, 2009

What Time Is It???

I stayed up until about 3:30 am last night. This is not something I normally do, even if I try. I honestly can't remember the last time I easily stayed up that late. I think it was to finish my art portfolio for finals during college.

Anyways, I spent a good 3-4 hours on theknot.com, which is a site for people planning weddings (and there is a subsequent thenest.com for those who are married and maybe starting families). I started looking at the message boards Thursday night while I was home alone and bored, and they suck you in. A lot of it is girls looking for or giving advice on different aspects of wedding planning, but there are also boards for chit chat and all things girly, and I found myself addicted to reading all of them (ok, not all, but a LOT), and starting to contribute.

When my sister-in-law was planning their wedding, she was on The Knot all the time, and she actually developed a group of friends through there who were all getting married in July of '07. They called themselves the J-Knotties or something like that, and really became good friends! They were going through a lot of similar things, not only with wedding planning, but their lives. They even planned a weekend trip to Chicago last March to all meet face to face and have a girls weekend. Kathleen found out the day before going that she was pregnant with my niece, so a lot of those girls knew before my brother! She didn't want to tell him and then leave fort he weekend, and she had to explain why she wasn't going to be drinking that weekend.

So I am enjoying seeing where other girls around the country are at. It's a good place to vent frustrations to people who are experiencing similar issues (guest list etiquette, overbearing parents), and it's funny to read the girls who are obvious Bridezillas posts.

To any of you ladies out there, when you get to this point in your life, join up. It'll give you a little wedding haven to settle into when it seems like you can think of nothing else. And you don't have to worry about your fiance snooping for dress details or ivory versus champagne ribbon to tie around your favors....

No comments: