Friday, January 30, 2009

There's a Difference

I am so wiped out. Sean's parents and sister are coming to visit tomorrow, and they've never seen our place, so we just went crazy cleaning. He commented as I'm scrubbing the tub, "They're not staying here, you really don't need to do that..."

"Yes. I do. It's your mom. Our shower door is glass, which means she can see our tub and the nasty stuff that's started lurking under our shampoos."

He then laughed and said "You're like my mom. There was cleaning for guests, and then there was cleaning for her in-laws."

Exactly.

We've been together over 6 years, I love his family, but I'm still nervous about them seeing our house. Is that crazy or what?I know they wouldn't care if it looked a little "lived in", but we were getting borderline gross, so it's nice to see the house really clean again.

If only we had a coat rack or closet...Life would be perfect.

No comments: