Saturday, January 3, 2009

Taking Down Christmas

I decided to take down Christmas decorations today, and I have had mixed feelings while doing so. I am sad to put them away because it was such a great holiday season for me an my family. We had a very blessed month between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and for the first time in a while, I really felt the season along with being happy with myself and where I am in my life.

I was happy to put them away because I am ready to have our house back to it's normal state, and there is so much to look forward to in the coming months. Plus, our house has a lot of red and green accents (our couch and chaise are forest green, and our accent table, rug, display, and fireplace are a nice cranberry red.). It's a very cozy place, probably my favorite room in the house.

So with each ornament and garland and kitchy candleholders I am saying thank you for a wonderful season and next time I see you, I will be (OMG) a month away from getting married, my little niece will be turning 1, and I can't wait to see what else is to come this year!

No comments: