Saturday, November 8, 2008

Already The Dark and Gloom

I slept for just about 12 hours last night. I started nodding off just after 10 while trying to watch The Incredible Hulk, and I went to bed just after 10:30pm, and woke up at 10 this morning. Please, don't be jealous.

I haven't slept that much since college if my memory serves me correctly. And I can only sum it up to this week being long, slow, and dark and gloomy. Thank you Daylight Savings Time. I wasn't even happy that it was a balmy 65 most days, because it's November! I want to be wearing sweaters and boots and heavy jackets and scarves! What happened to the frigid days of October that made for a promising winter full of snow? I don't live in New England to enjoy warm November days where I don't need a coat. The rain is fine, just please, be cold already! At least my lawn would stop growing, thus not needing to be mowed anymore.

Usually by February I'm ready for winter to be over and to have some sunshine and warmth. But I enjoy these earlier days of winter, anticipating the first snow, the holidays coming up, bundling up in the coziest of sweaters. Other than the Christmas "stuff" mentioned in my previous entry, there's really nothing telling me that winter is coming.

I guess I'll go fight the lack-of-winter-blues with a run. I might as well, it's only 59 out.

No comments: