I just finished plastic wrapping my bedroom windows, and am about to move on to the living room. About half the windows in this house are new, and the other half, well, they are sad and old and drafty. I don't mind putting up the plastic wrap. There's nothing worse than a really chilly night of having the heat cranked up to 75 because the house can't retain it. And then you crawl into a freezing cold night because you can't justify leaving the heat turned up when you're asleep under a big pile of blankets. Sound familiar?
I always smile when the windows are done, it makes me feel like I'm living in a tupperware container of goodness.
I am also big on "atmospheric warmth"> I am more apt to feel warm if my surroundings seem wamr. For instance, I keep at least 1 candle burning in the living room and in the kitchen to make the house smell cozy, and the little flicker of fire invokes a feeling of being wrapped in a sweater and thick socks under a crocheted throw, sipping hot chocolate. And it's just a candle! I also have been making something either baked or in the crock pot. The smell of something sweet, spicy, or bread-based can totally make any house feel warm and cheery. Right now I have butternut squash and apples in the crock pot with a little nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon. I haven't decided yet if I will add vegetables or just leave it to be a creamy soup once I puree it. I'm going to make steak and potatoes for dinner once Honey calls that he's on his way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your place is indeed filled with atmospheric warmth.
Also, the people there are awesome. That probably helps.
;)
Post a Comment