Sunday, November 2, 2008

Superhigh Me

I love watching documentaries. There's something about moderately raw footage cut together sans special effects and written script that makes me hope I could actually learn something for sitting and watching a movie for an hour or two. We watch them once in a while, if the topic strikes our fancy. One's I have enjoyed are Supersize Me, Fahrenheit 9/11, and God Camp. I doubly enjoy mockumentaries in the likes of Waiting For Guffman, Best in Show, and Borat. 

A couple months ago, I heard this guy on my choice morning show, Doug Benson, a standup comic who regularly smokes pot. He was talking about a documentary he made, inspired by watching Supersize Me (while high), in which he spent 30 days pot-free, recording how he feels, and then 30 days of smoking pot day and night. The guy sounded funny, and it sounded like it could be interesting when they go into the medical use of marijuana, dependency, etc. So I added it to my Netflix. 

I'm about 10 minutes into it, and it's not as funny as I expected (or hoped). It's going more into the history of marijuana in regards to the law. Did you know there are "Dispensaries" in California that legally sell pot to "qualified patients", out of a jar, like a candy store? 

It's time to sit back and see what the rest of this has to offer. Peace, dudes.

I am not in any way promoting the use of marijuana. If you choose to, I don't care, but this entry is written for the purpose of reviewing this documentary. 


No comments: