Monday, November 24, 2008

Missing You

I have grown accustomed to going to bed before Sean gets home, or waking up after he leaves for work. But one thing I have not experienced is a whole night of him not there next to me. And no roommate. This is strange. I'm ok with it, but it's so quiet. What a strange feeling, realizing what a huge piece of me he has become in just his everyday presence.

I don't know how some people live alone. I think I would go crazy. Yes, it's nice to have peace and quiet and privacy and all that, but I would want someone to talk to. I don't think anyone would do though. I think in the past 5 months I have found someone that I truly love living with, sharing space and food and the couch with. He makes me laugh and he makes me feel secure. I have my time to myself, when I just want to do my own thing, and when I need him to talk or cuddle or cry, he's here.

I had forgotten what it's like to really miss him. It's one thing if I go home and I have my parents to talk to, and friends to visit. But right now, it's so quiet.

Now I know how he feels when I leave for the weekend. I will enjoy the quiet for now, with a glass of wine and Heroes. But I eagerly await his coming home.

2 comments:

Adventurous Kate said...

That is so nice. :-)

You guys really are the best couple.

And I think I'm your polar opposite...even when I'm with someone I'm crazy about, I freak out about the possibility of living together....I remember when I went to Foxwoods for a night with a boyfriend and we checked in and the girl at the counter said, "Same last name?" and I nearly threw up right then and there.

Shannon said...

Well, hopefully when you find the right person, you will not want to throw up at the idea of that. That's usually a bad sign.

Have a blast on your trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!