Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gluten Free Baking

I woke up this morning with a strong desire to do some baking. It's a really crappy kind of day out, and seeing the Rice Crispy Treats in Uncle's Deliyesterday got me thinking that there has to be a gluten free rice crispy treat recipe out there somewhere. I just need to find it.

I also have the hankering to make an apple pie. This would require going and getting a pie dish and a rolling pin. And any other baking staples I might be missing. I have sugar, gluten free baking mix, salt, eggs, oil...

Definitely need to do some recipe hunting.

TA DA!!

Extra Thick Apple Pie - I can easily sub the gluten free baking mix for the flour.
&
Rice Krispie Treats (GF)

I think I'll tackle the rice krispie treats today since that looks like the easier of the two recipes. Apple pie will wait till tomorrow.

I guess I should go shower and go grocery shopping! Wish me luck!

No comments: