Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good Times, Noodle Salad...

I don't need to elaborate on the fact that the Superbowl is tonight, and yes, I'll be watching. We are having a few friends over to eat some good food, have some laughs, and hope that the Cardinals can take it all home.

This year is astronomically different from last year though. Last year, I was nervous. On the Friday before, I could barely talk at work, let alone focus. I work with tons of Giants fans, and there was so much tension in the air. And that Sunday, I was sick with nerves. Of course, we all know how it panned out. I cried. I swore. I screamed at the TV when they showed the Giants coach and I yelled that he was f***in ugly. It was a rough night.

I am very much looking forward to tonight. I have no emotion invested in it. I gues I am rooting for the Cardinals because I'd like to see them win their first championship, but I don't care either way. I am more looking forward to making my meatballs and chicken snacks, eating food and drinking beer with some great people.

I love hosting parties at our house. I feel like it's a good place where people feel comfortable, can kick off their shoes and put their feet up and have a laugh. So regardless of who wins tonight, I will be having a good time, and can guarantee that I will sleep MUCH better than I did last year.

I think it helps that baseball season is right around the corner.

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

I have the same attitude ... I guess I'll root for the Cardinals? They have the same name as my favorite baseball team and were once located in the same city. And yes, baseball is just around the corner.