I don't have a picture for this one, but on Saturday I received a wonderful phone call from my best friend from college. She has been in Scotland since September 2007 getting her masters degree, and just returned to the U.S. the first week of February. We've been playing phone tag the past few weeks, and we finally were able to talk on Saturday, for the first time since last April when she was home and visiting.
It was so awesome to catch up with her, she will be here until the fall when she's hoping to return to Scotland for a few years. She told me about her boyfriend, what she's been u pto and what she's hoping to accomplish in the next few months. We chit chatted about friends we've seen or lost touch with. And it was brought up that she is to me, and I to her, one of those people who is a constant. Meaning, it doesn't matter how much time passes between our conversations or visits, she is one of those people I will always consider to be a best friend. Some people in our lives come and go, but our friendship remains. It is always refreshing to hear her voice, and I am always happy to see her. We got through a lot in college together, and I know that no matter what distance separates us, we will always hold each other close.
I told her our wedding date, and said I understand if she can't make it. I would never expect her to pay for a flight here and back from Scotland. She told me come hell or high water, she will be at our wedding. I love this girl. I couldn't imagine my wedding day without her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment