Monday, March 2, 2009

#5 Signs That It Is Still Winter



It's hard to believe that it was in the mid to upper 50s on Friday, and this is the scene outside at this current moment.
You can't see the snow whipping down and around (this was taken with my phone) but it's actually really beautiful. I can't complain. As I was driving into the parking lot, a guy was watching his German Shepherd play in the snow on the side of the building where there's a lawn. The dog was huge and was having a ball diving and darting around, trying to eat snowflakes and crashing into trees.
I got out of my car and the dog came bombing over to me and jumped on me. I actually wore work clothes today (I really should have just worn jeans. Damn the man!) and the dog jumped up and almost got it's paws on my shoulders. We're talking big, tall, strong dog. I was so happy though! I was in such a grumpy mood coming in today, but that big dumb dog brightened it just enough to make the hour commute worth it.
Now that I'm actually here at my desk, that's another story. Now all I can think about is how much I want my own big dumb dog to play with on snowy days...;)

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

Yikes, that is a sharp contrast to the spring post.

My big dumb dog isn't so much into snow though.