Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weighing In on Tuesday, I Guess

Well, I'm not even going to post the stats this week, I was up another .2 yesterday at weigh in, and I know I need to buckle down, eat less fatty meats, and kick up the fitness a notch. I know I am not the first, nor will I be the last, to say that weekends are my personal demise.

I am so good during the week with food. I eat a small but healthy breakfast every morning, a well portioned lunch with snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and a somewhat bigger dinner. I know there are adjustments to make with dinner (like having pizza every week in the past month - no more!). There's always room for more vegetables and less starch, but with Sean's allergy, the restrictions can get difficult. I need to just suck it up and eat a salad each night before dinner to fill up some of that extra space.

Weekends...I love weekends. Weekends and I go way back...But for some reason, all caution gets thrown to the wind. All tips and streaks and motivation just kind of falls flat at my door, and if I want to eat something, I eat it. It's usually something that's not necessarily bad (hibachi this past Saturday night), but it's not great. And don't even get me started on the wine. I love wine, and I will always make room in my points allowance for a glass if I want it, but I need to limit that to one correctly portioned glass. This past weekend when my friend came to visit, we literally each poured half a bottle into a huge merlot glass. It was hilarious, but dangerous.

Sunday, I bit the bullet. I took myself for a good walk at the lake since it was sunny (but cold!), and hen I marched my tush to Target and picked up Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's 3 levels of workout, and you're supposed to spend 10 days on each level, with no break in between days (for maximum results). Each day you have a 2 minute warm up and cool down, and three 6-minute segments broken down into

3 minutes - Strength
2 minutes - Cardio
1 minute - Abs

The point is that you don't start moving and you are actively engaging all of these muscles in one workout to maximize the effectiveness of each move. And let me tell you, for a 22 minute video, I'm huffing and puffing. And I thought I would be ok since I've been going to the gym and working on my 5K training. Heck no, she pushes you, and the moves are killer. There's no other way to put it. I could not feel my thighs yesterday after I did it. I had to do yoga to get some extra stretching in.

I will keep you posted on results. I'm keeping a personal photo record so I can visually see any progress made, but I just cannot post those here. Me in stretchy pants and a sports bra does not belong in the internet.

The things we do to look pretty on our wedding day and hot on our honeymoon...

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

well, the good thing is you've noticed what your downfall is. i bet you'll find yourself making small adjustments here and there on the weekend now.