Friday, March 13, 2009

Idol Follow-up

I had the best of intentions to follow-up Wednesday night, however babysitting got in the way of access to a computer, work has been fairly nuts this week, and last night I had an adventure with Sean. So here we are.

HAPPY FRIDAY, WORLD!

I cannot say I was at all surprised with Idol's results this week. Sadly, the first one or two to go are usually forgotten in the next couple weeks, and Jasmine and Jorge just didn't bring it. They weren't ready for the big stage. I am glad Anoop is still in the running, I think he has a lot left to give, he just needs to pick the right song from here on out. I love Megan's voice, but she's such a niche singer, I'm not sure how much longer she'll last. Or if the judges will save her...

Which brings me to the new rule. Does anyone out there like it? I do. I think it'll bring a new twist to the show. While winning Idol doesn't necessarily mean you'll come out the most successful contestant (Hello, Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson), it will be nice to see someone given a second chance, if they deserve it.

But, what if America gets it right every week? What if for some strange reason, we have a top 5 of the best of the best for once? What will we do?

I could see them holding out for Danny, Adam, Lil, or Allison. Anyone else is pretty much just ok and to bring out my inner- Simon, not really worth the second chance.

Except maybe Scott. He could really blossom as a singer in this competition.

We'll just have to wait and see!

1 comment:

Adventurous Kate said...

I have the feeling that if America does get it right every week (which would surprise me), the producers will fake the results and have the judges "save" someone who already is safe.

I was glad Jasmine (how HOT is her family??) and Jorge went -- they deserved to go -- but I kind of cringed at the fact that the first two to go were both people of color on an unusually white season to begin with.