Thursday, March 19, 2009

Idol Follow-up: Spoiler Alert!

I can't really "follow up" because I didn't get a chance to make my picks publicly yesterday, but I predicted over lunch that it would be either Alexis or Michael, so I guess I was right on. I knew as soon as she started singing last night that she wouldn't be saved. She was out of tune for 95% of the song, and it just sounded so strained. I was disappointed, because she was such a strong contender from the semi-finals, I was looking forward to hearing her sing this season, but she really seemed to crumble this week.

I must say, I watched Idol in 20 minutes last night, and it was so much more enjoyable! We had a couple of the guys over (more on that later) and so I didn't get to fire up Idol till about 10:45. I fast forwarded all the commercials, all the judges hullabaloo, the "music video (is 3 minutes of a water balloon fight set to music really all that necessary?) and only watched the contestant results and the two performances. There is no reason why these results shows have to be stretch out to an hour. It is a waste of viewers time, and as I saw last night, the essentials of the show can fit into 20 minutes if they would just cut out all the extra babbling, bickering, recapping and shenanigans.

I'm glad Michael gets another week and another chance, and I am really excited for this top 10. I might actually try to get tickets when their tour comes my way this summer. Hell, the place they perform at is 5 minutes down the road from my house, it's worth a shot.

Oh, and that song that Brad Paisley performed last night? Loved it. And I think Carrie Underwood is a robot. Seriously, she's flawless, and it's not fair.

No comments: