I love to redecorate. Ask Sean, he'll be the first to tell you that I'm known for moving furniture around and changing color schemes at least once every 4-6 months.
Well, I've been itching to redecorate lately. It could be because spring it upon us, a time of refreshment and new beginnings. It could be because we had a very nice change of scenery over the weekend and I feel the need to simplify our living space. It could be that it's just in my blood.
How to redecorate on a budget? Well, there's my challenge. I refuse to spend a ton (or even a moderate amount) of money on new things. So I need to figure out my vision for each room, and then scheme how I can use things I already have to give each room a facelift. The first thing that needs to happen is a cleanout of "stuff". You know what that stuff is. The clothes that you never wear anymore, but can't seem to let go. The piles of dishes or bills or unrecognizable rubbish that seem to accumulate in each corner...
There are many ways to make an old space seem new. Switch the curtains from room to room. Change the throw blankets on the sofa and chaise and bed. Find some photos and frame them to hang on the wall. Dust off the blank canvases and do some painting...
There are many things I can do, which I plan on doing before considering buying anything new. For the time being, I have given this blog some color. I am going to work on customizing this a bit in the near future...I'm thinking a personalized header, some background imaging...So many possibilities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment