Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cake and Taxes

Because cake is preferred to death.

I finally finished my taxes and e-filed last night. It was such a relief. There was nothing stopping me before except the daily procrastination to finish things that seems to follow me around everywhere I go. I honestly had my taxes 89% completed back in the beginning of February, I just put off finishing the State end of things with my car tax payment info. I couldn't tell you why I put it off for nearly two months, but I'm glad it's done and filed. Now I can eagerly await my refund.

Have you finished filing yet? I feel bad for people who have complicated taxes. I worry about being audited, afraid I've made a mistake somewhere along the way, but it's quite easy for me. I don't own a house, I'm not married (yet!), I don't have children, I don't own a boat, I didn't make any significant charitable donations this year, I am not disabled, a veteran, unemployed, or over 65, and I don't live on a farm.

And I could really go for some cake.

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

I finally got my done, although I am horrified at the thought of getting audited.