Friday, March 13, 2009

Date Night

For the first time in what felt like close to 2 weeks, Sean and I had a whole evening to spend together last night. So what did we do?

We registered!

It's pretty early, but he was really excited for it, and it sounded like a fun, different thing to do to get out of the house. So we headed down to the local Bed Bath & Beyond and got to work. Our sales rep was very sweet and helpful, and we registered for a quite a few nice things that would be nice to have someday when we have a house.

It baffled the two of us how tiring the whole experience was. I knew it would take a while, but I didn't expect it to take three hours. It felt like we were making some really important life decisions, like what kind of dinnerware we would be using for the rest of our lives, what kind of stemware we would want to bring out for special occasions once we have a family and host holiday get-togethers. How many kids are we planning on having? Do we want to own a house? Will you have a guest room? Well, best to have an extra set of good sheets. And will we have a nice bathroom? We should probably get a nice bathroom set. We even picked out the tablecloth for the dining room table we hope to someday have.

It is complicated and my brain hurts.

For every bit that it was overwhelming, it was also very fun. Sean threatened to scan anything and everything with Billy Mays face on it. We have some tweaking to do (Am I really ever going to use a pressure cooker? No.), but each checkmark off the list of things to do is a sigh of relief and makes me more excited to get married!

Don't even get me started on the honeymoon...

2 comments:

Adventurous Kate said...

I literally laughed out loud at the Billy Mays line! I can so see Sean doing that.

BBB is awesome and I'm sure everyone appreciates that you're not registered only at Tiffany's or Bergdorf Goodman.

The Modern Gal said...

Ohhh, the sad thing is you might actually get that stuff from someone.

Registering for stuff has always seemed to me to be one of the fun things about planning a wedding. You pick stuff out you want and then people give it to you? That's awesome.