Wednesday, February 25, 2009

#1 Fall in Love


I was able to make it to 5:30 Mass today, and heard one of the greatest homilies I've ever heard (and I've heard quite a few, to say the least). Fr. Bob was celebrating, and I am very much looking forward to him celebrating our wedding. I will do my best to paraphrase his homily. It was only about 5 minutes long.

Have you ever fallen in love? If you have, you know that there comes a time when you change yourself. Not in a bad way, of course, but you change the way you think about things, you accept things as they are. There is a give and take to make your relationship work, and you and the one you love make sacrifices in order to better yourselves and better your relationship.

Our relationship with God is one in the same. During Lent, we make sacrifices in our lives in order to better our relationship with God. We change things that we do, and we learn about ourselves. And by making sacrifices, we realize what we have and are filled with gratitude and we are able to come closer to God.

Fall in love with God.

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

GREAT POST!!! I love when religious concepts are put into concepts we can all understand.