- When we went out for our V-Day dinner, I told the waitress not to bring us any bread. I am usually known for scarfing down at least two chunks, with butter, before we order our entree.
- Last night while gaming with the guys, we ordered pizza. I ate half a salad from Trader Joe's, sans dressing, before reaching for a slice. I caved and ate 3 slices over the course of the evening (I had only planned on 1) in addition to two alcoholic beverages, but realized I was on a slippery slope and switched to water.
- Today my friend at work suggested Subway for lunch. MY usual at Subway is a veggie wrap with a bag of chips and a Diet Coke. Today I opted for a 6-inch turkey piled high with veggies since I skipped my morning snack, but paired it with milk and a little baggie of apple slices.
- On my way home this evening I did not... want... to go... to... the gym. I was dreading it. I convinced myself halfway home to go straight home and do a workout video instead. I felt a little pain in my ankle today and thought it wouldn't be good to go to the gym and further injure myself. About a mile from the exit to the gym I told myself to suck it up and go sweat my butt off, because if I went home I knew I would not work out and I would be down on myself tomorrow. I put in a good hour of low impact cardio (so as to not aggravate the ankle) and strength training on my arms.
These seem like such little things when written down, but they're all things I would play mind games with in the past and take the easy way out. I would eat the bread, I would keep drinking beer all night since I'd already had 2, I would convince myself that chips and soda are ok today as long as I make a better choice next time, and I would have gone home and sat on my butt watching Grey's from last night.
Speaking of Grey's. I need to watch it. But my point is that with each good choice I make, it feels easier to keep making the good choices.

1 comment:
They're not little at all! And the great thing is they get easier.
You're doing great!
Post a Comment