I have a confession to make...I did not watch Idol last night. Sean took me out for a very nice dinner where I think I used up all of my extra weekly WW points on my dessert (more on that later), and then we saw Coraline in 3D. It was an excellent movie, I highly recommend it. It's very....twisted. Don't bring your children.
So I had to get the Top 36 off the Idol website this morning, and honestly, I am not really surprised...
Cheers!
For Danny Gokey, or as everyone seems to call him, "Robert Downey Jr. Look-alike". He has a solid voice, a great story, and he's very likeable. I pin him for Top 5 this year. Maybe even Top 3....For Norman Gentle/Nick Mitchell! Only someone that whacky could come from Connecticut. I think that even though he doesn't have the best voice, he can carry a tune, and he is VERY entertaining. I don't think I will grow tired of seeing him anytime soon...For Jackie Tohn and her raspy rocker voice. She needs to quit smoking 2 packs a day, but I like her. I hope to see her in the Top 12...For Scott Macintyre, our vision impaired piano playing contestant with a lot of heart. I just love watching him. It will be interesting to see how he does live. He doesn't have the greatest voice, much like Brook White last season, but there's something about him...And last but not least....ANOOP DAWG! 'Nuff said.
Boos...
Boo Tatiana! I knew they were going to keep her, and I hope America doesn't "Vote For The Worst" to keep her stupid shenanigans around. The girl is whacked. And not in a good way...Boo Nathaniel Marshall! What an annoying drama queen! I do not care to listen to him sing anymore than I already have. He did an acoustic version of "Disturbia"...??? One final and huge BOOOO for getting rid of our boy Jamar, Robert Downey Jr. Look-alike's pal who had a fantastic voice. I can't believe they didn't pick him, and in his palce, picked the two aforementioned jokes. Ugh.
Mehs
Meh for the girls, they're not all too memorable this season, and a couple of them I remember being very screechy and unpleasant to listen to. Meh for them making the two blue collar guys do a sing-off, and keeping both.
Apparently this season is going to be very different. For the next 3 Tuesdays, the contestant will be split into groups of 12, and one group will sing each Tuesday. The top 3 vote-getters each Tuesday will move into the top 12, and on the 4th week the judges will have a wild card round with the leftover contestants and pick their 3 to move into the top 12. I'm intrigued by this because it will get rid of a lot of the average singers quickly, so we won't be tortured through weeks of the less-fun live shows.
So there it is. Stay tuned. VOTE. See you next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment