Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why, Oh Why?

Dear People of This Area of the Country,

Could someone please tell me why, when it is snowing and the roads are slick, people feel it is necessary to cruise through red lights and stop signs? I understand that the roads are slippery, and that is precisely why you should start easing on the brakes well before approaching an intersection. And please don't give me a dirty look when I slow down at a yellow light. 

I eased into a stop at a 4-way near our house on the way home, and the person to my left went straight. Then, the person right behind them moved forward, but didn't stop, they kept going, while I had started to pull forward across the intersection. They stopped in the middle of the intersection when I paused, and flashed their lights. Well, of course I am going to go. I had the right of way. How kind of you to let me go before you. 

I didn't mean for this to come across so sarcastic, but I am seriously getting fed up with people's lack of respect for the law, and I am terrified that one of these days I will either get a) broadsided by one of these morons, or b) witness a terrible accident. I hope I am wrong.  

No comments: