Thursday, February 5, 2009

Progress

After adding strength training to my workout routine this week, I am feeling it today. Namely in my legs and abs. I use free weights and the big bouncy balls so I am more challenged and focused on balance and my core, and I cannot tell you how excited I was today to feel soreness in my abs. I have abs! Sure, they're still buried under a bit of chub, but knowing there's something under there and it's getting worked, I feel wonderful.

We had our company luncheon yesterday at Siena Ristorante in Stamford. It had been scheduled for the Friday before Christmas, but we had a huge snowstorm and it was postponed. The food was delicious and I enjoyed 2 glasses of wine (we were there for almost 5 hours). I had to babysit later in the evening, so I was chugging water the rest of the night, and I stepped on the scale later at home. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was down another pound! And that was after a day of feasting and merriment!

After not exercising yesterday, and eating all the delicious food (although I consciously paced myself between bites, so I didn't finish everything in front of me), I am having a lighter day. I am eating mini meals with fruits and veggies for snacks in between, and will probably do an amped up cardio session tonight after work. I am thinking of giving up meat for Lent this year. I love meat, so it would be a sacrifice. Plus, it couldn't hurt to focus on filling my body with plants instead of animal flesh.

Maybe I will grow to love tofu....Maybe.

No comments: