All this past weekend, I found myself thinking that the past couple weeks were whacky from Sean having to work overnights. I ate dinner after 9 most nights, I didn't sleep as well without him there, and it was strange not really seeing each other, even though we live together.
However, that is his job. That's how life is going to be as long as he does what he does. And I am completely fine with that; it makes him happy, he's great at what he does, and he has excelled very quickly in just over two years. He is one of the lucky people on this earth who gets to do something he really loves for a living.
I cannot use this as an excuse for my unhealthy habits. I started out the year at full throttle, and I lost 5 pounds, and in the past two weeks, I didn't gain weight back, but I definitely didn't have the dedication to going to the gym and watching what I was eating. There is always going to be "stuff" going on in life, hard days at work, money stress, you name it. I can't let those things keep me from taking the steps I need to take to be healthy.
I am the queen of excuses when it comes to my health and my weight. If I workout, I mentally feel tell myself I can have food that's bad for me because I burned some calories off. If I have 1 glass of wine with dinner, I might as well have two because I've already had one, so what's the point? I need to stop, and I need to wipe the dirty mess of a slate clean and move forward.
Change doesn't happen overnight, but I definitely feel I need to make more effort to ensure these changes take place. I will be honest here, it's going to get down and dirty in the next few weeks. I apologize for grumpiness, mood swings, and post raving about how much I want to eat nothing but chocolate. Food is going to be my biggest challenge. I have 25 years of bad habits to reverse.

2 comments:
You can do it. Just remember that if you mess up one way ... like having a few extra glasses of wine ... that's fine, just do better next time.
Five pounds is still something to be very proud about!! It takes time. It will be tough, but you're doing great already.
Post a Comment