Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Spring" Cleaning

The seemingly warmer days we've had this week have inspired me to start getting myself organized - before spring. I hate wasting gorgeous days inside cleaning, so I've come up with a couple things to chip away at before the real spring comes along. Let's face it, this is fake-spring and we will probably have at least 4 more weeks of cold, bitter, dark and dismal weather.

I've decided to start this Saturday - V-Day, because Sean will be working all day and I can't think of anything else to do. Maybe I'll crank up some showtunes and tapdance my way through the day (and anyone who knows me knows I cannot tap dance to save my life - so this would be quite ridiculous!)...

- Clean out the clothes. Anything I haven't worn in a year, has rips, stains, or any other discolorations will be either tossed or donated. Also, anything plain old fugly and unflattering.
- Gather and organize art supplies. Get rid of old, chunky paints. Make a list of what needs replenishments. Start figuring out how to make the back porch more studio-friendly come Spring.
- Vacuum the front porch. I know it sounds crazy, but someone at some point decided it would be a good idea to carpet our front porch. It has gathered an unsightly amount of salt and dirt this winter, I might as well start chipping away at it.
- Start a list of veggies I want to grow this coming season. I learned last year to stay away from squash and cucumbers. What are some good veggies that grow more upwards? Green beans...tomatoes...What else? Do I dare attempt potatoes?

That's a good start. I'm not sure how much I'll accomplish this weekend, but it should at the very least be a productive Saturday.

No comments: