Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A.I. '09 Kickoff

As much as we take glee in watching the goofiest and most atrocious of preliminary auditions, American Idol doesn't really start for me until the reveal of the finalists who will go live for us to vote.

I have the DVR set for tonight's revealing of the top....36??? Come on, Idol, why are we being forced to wait through 2 boring nights of audition recaps and watching the contestants sweat in the holding rooms. Just let us have it! And were there 36 finalists last year when they went to live performance? I can't seem to remember. I've always thought it was 24 and they whittled down a guy and a girl each week till they had their top 12.

I am holding in my faves, my boos, and my mehs till all is revealed tonight. God forbid I boo a certain girl who grates on my nerves with every squeak she utters, and they put her through.

I have a couple favorites that I pick for the top slots already based on talent and obvious love from viewers (and judges). There are a couple stars shining, but not too bright, and there are some I just want to mute anything that comes out of their mouths.

Check back later, fellow Idol fanatics, and we'll compare notes.

No comments: