Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Flick

I am watching Titanic on TBS while I eat lunch. I haven't watched this in quite a long time, and I've forgotten how good a movie it really is. 

And even though I know how it ends, it's still making me hold my breath at moments. I must say, one of my favorite moments just happened...It's when the string quartet finishes playing their last song, and give each other hugs to go their separate ways. The violin player realizes he's not going to survive and starts playing by himself, and they all come back to him and play with him. The song is lovely, and although it's an incredibly depressing part of the movie (people just give up and accept their imminent death), it makes the moment peaceful in a way. 

Ok, almost time for the guy to take a dive and hit the propeller. 


No comments: